Give your second graders a fun way to practice map-reading skills with the exciting activity book made just for them!
Map Skills for Today includes:
• 48 pages of engaging, developmentally appropriate geography lessons
• Simple explanations of geography concepts to introduce students to the world
• Fun activities that give students essential map reading practice to build key skills
• Colorful maps including road, landform and political maps
• Critical-thinking questions that ask students to draw conclusions from each map
Here are just a few of the topics we cover:
• What is a Globe?
• Where is Your State?
• Map Symbols and Map Key
• The Compass Rose
• Visiting a New Town
• How Near? How Far?